Environmental protection and the sustainable use of resources are amongst the most important future projects. The term "sustainability" originated in the forestry industry describing that the amount of wood removed must be able to re-grow. Today the term is used much more complex and it describes that economic, ecological and social responsibility have to be considered together. Long-term success is only possible in a sound environment and society. Continuous improvement of the production processes is an economic as well as an environmentally important fact. Short transport routes, innovative production processes and energy-efficient renovation of our buildings are only a few examples for economic aspects with direct effects on the environment. In product development as well as production we try to keep harmful environmental effects small and continuously improve environmental protection.
Committed to the present and the future
As part of our strategic goals, we have defined five key areas in which we will continue to operate in the future:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Involvement of EJOT products in sustainability Management
- Stakeholder management: Improve external communication.
- Development of legally compliant documentation.
- Maintaining ISO 14001: 2015 for Poland, Mexico, Turkey, Switzerland and Germany.