Spiralform®

Specification

  • Overview

    • Special thread-forming fastener for reliable and trouble-free metal screw joints according to DIN 7500
    • Low thread forming torques due to special thread geometry with self-tapping point
    • The formed thread corresponds to the metric ISO thread DIN 13
    • High strength values and maximum thread engagement due to circular thread cross section

CAD & more - Your Online-Service

In this area we provide CAD data in various formats as well as PDFs of the technical drawings of our products DELTA PT®, SHEETtracs® and ALtracs® Plus. Additionally, CAD & more offers you the possibility to design your individual joints with the aid of prognosis programs or to check their feasibility by APPLICATION CHECKs. Furthermore, you can download the latest product brochures, technical publications and the EJOT company standards.


CAD & more

Help, guidance and technical support

Your contacts for industrial fastening systems

EJOT’s advanced fastening systems are found in countless industrial and engineering assemblies around the world. Click below for sales and technical support from one of our experienced team. We conduct inspections and observations onsite, in addition to providing help and advice direct from our UK manufacturing centre.

Reliable steel joints

EJOT Spiralform® Screws are special fasteners for reliable and trouble-free metal screw joints according to DIN 7500. They enable thread-cutting and tightening in just one process, always forming an accurate, tight fitting high strength female thread. This guarantees optimal resistance against loosening under dynamic stress. The special self-tapping Spiralform Plus point ensures low thread forming torques and easy installation of the screw.

Special thread geometry

EJOT Spiralform® screws have four burlings or lobes at intervals of 90° which run across the thread in a spiral. These run along the length of the thread and ensure the VDE requirements for the use of self-tapping screws are met. The Spiralform® Plus point is designed to achieve very low thread-forming torque, making the initial thread-forming easier in combination with the circular thread cross section the screw. The circular cross-section and the lobes also enable full thread engagement with optimum contact between the screw thread and mating materials, to achieve high process reliability and consistent thread quality.

Spiralform® is a registered trade mark of Wilhelm Schumacher GmbH, Hilchenbach.

The economic benefits of thread forming screws

EJOT Spiralform® enables significant cost savings to be achieved as a result of its ability to form a thread. Consider this – the unit cost of a traditional metric fastener makes up only 20% of the overall cost of the screw joint. The remaining 80% of the cost is made up of the thread cutting, deburring and cleaning operations, consumables such as screw taps and pitch gauges, quality control and any reworking or rejected parts. Eliminate all of these processes and costs by using EJOT Spiralform® and tangible savings can be achieved.

Spiralform® WN 13 Head Styles and Drives

  • WN1321 round washer head with TORX®
  • WN1323 flat countersunk head with TORX®
  • WN1342 pan head with cross recess Z (or H)
  • WN1343 flat countersunk head with cross recess Z (or H)
  • WN1346 hexagon head
  • WN1347 hexagon head with flange
  • WN1352 pan head with TORX®
  • WN1353 oval countersunk head with TORX®

For detailed information, please refer to the EJOT company standard.
You can download these in our service area "CAD & more".
Click here to register: "CAD & more"