DELTA PT® DS
- Safe and reliable direct assembly into thermosets
- Saving potential through standardisation – one type of screw for thermoplastic and thermoset
- Easy assembly due to good application of the screw
- Smaller hole depth possible compared to screws with a milled cutting edge
- Larger flank coverage at the same insertion depth compared to screws with a milled cutting edge
- Enables weight reduction goals to be realised in all kinds of components and assemblies
Help, guidance and technical support
Your contacts for industrial fastening systems
EJOT’s advanced fastening systems are found in countless industrial and engineering assemblies around the world. Click below for sales and technical support from one of our experienced team. We conduct inspections and observations onsite, in addition to providing help and advice direct from our UK manufacturing centre.
Specialist screw for lightweight thermosets
DELTA PT® DS supports the goal of using alternative materials to reduce weight in various types of industrial applications. Recent developments to use thermosets in place of other materials, particularly in the automotive sector where weight reduction of components reduces vehicle fuel consumption, have been facilitated through a new generation of screws like the DELTA PT® DS capable of meeting demanding performance criteria. Based on the proven DELTA PT® screw, it provides a reliable and durable connection of highly loaded components in even the most difficult self-tapping applications into thermosets due to its special thread layout.
Modified thread ends deliver superior strength
EJOT’s innovative DS (DuroSet) thread form holds the key to overcoming difficult fastening challenges in thermosets. It means the EJOT DELTA PT® DS screw features special grooves applied to the established DELTA PT® thread geometry, which enable optimal forming of the female thread. These grooves are pronounced at the screw point and taper off towards the screw head. This approach means the new zone for forming a thread enables a low installation and high stripping torque, and breaking of the screw boss can be effectively prevented with DELTA PT® DS. That is why this innovative screw is optimised for designs that make very high demands on the direct assembly process due to hardness and brittleness of the used material.
DELTA PT® DS Head Styles and Drives
- WN5411 round washer head with cross-recess Z (or H)
- WN5412 pan head with cross recess Z (or H)
- WN5451 round washer head with TORX PLUS®/AUTOSERT
- WN5452 pan head with TORX PLUS®/AUTOSERT
- WN5453 oval countersunk head with TORX PLUS®/AUTOSERT
- WN5454 flat countersunk head with TORX PLUS®/AUTOSERT
You can download these in our service area "CAD & more".
Click here to register: "CAD & more"